Part 2 of 4: Rethinking Presenting and Touring in a 5G fast world
This future-casting conversation saw 55 participants who joined in to rethink performing arts presentation and touring models in light of major technological leaps due to the arrival of 5G networks, big data analytics and machine learning through AI.
- Tammy Lee and Caitlin Troughton, Culture Creates, Montreal discussed AI applications and the interplay of technology companies and arts organizations
- John Charette, creative director and 20-year partner at Banfield Agency, discussed technology visions, 5G innovation and the arts from his vantage point as an ad agency creative who has envisioned our technology future along with global technology companies like Alcatel Lucent, Nokia and Iridium Satellite Communications.
- Tim Yerxa, Fredericton Playhouse, brought it all down to earth by focusing on “how all this fits together.” From future proofing his planned performing arts centre to considering the relationships between those in the live arts and the new arts that may emerge in the digital world.
Download or view webinar files
View or download the presentation for the webinar on Part 2 of 4: Rethinking Presenting and Touring in the Age of COVID-19 AND BEYOND April 1, 2020
To help you get to the pieces you are most interested in, here is a table of contents for the webinar recording:
- 0:00 Welcome, Acknowledgements
- 3:50 Today’s agenda
- 6:17 Recap and contexualize a new technology vision for the performing arts
- 13:00 Shifts in the touring paradigm due to COVID-19 and climate change
- 18:05 Examine the current rush to digital and who earns revenue in the age of COVID-19
- 26:35 Tammy Lee and Caitlin Troughton discuss AI and its wider implications
- 47:35 Alcatel Lucent’s 4G LTE video
- 51:00 John Charette discusses vision and innovation in technology and the arts
- 1:07:50 Nokia’s 5 G vision
- 1:15:30 Where is 5G at in the world?
- 1:20:35 Finland’s 6G 2030 vision
- 1:25:15 Tim Yerxa brings us down to earth and focuses on how it all fits together
- 1:51:00 Next steps and outline of two next webinars this week