Part 3 of 4: Rethinking Presenting and Touring – artistic impetus, digital technologies and imagining new digital models
This third conversation spanned from visionary technology inventions to the nuts and bolts of creating a digital outreach plan anchored on a new YouTube Channel to creating interdisciplinary work that leverages technology and changes the role of the theatre company and their audience. We also touched on questions of what digital business models might look like in preparation for the next session, on April 3, on moving from conversation to action.
- Krista Vincent, Tuckamore Chamber Music Festival, shared some plans resulting from their work through the Linked Data Future Initiative / Digital Navigation Program, led by CAPACOA, and the
- Dustin Harvey, Secret Theatre, talked about his interdisciplinary theatre practice and how Secret Theatre explores processes that respond to and incorporate everyday technology, deliberately replacing actors with audience members, and re-imagining what constitutes live performance, such as his collaboration with Adrienne Wong on land line.
- Rob Hopkins, Open Broadcaster, a visionary communications technologist and radio proponent talked about his work in solving communications problems in remote places in particular, which has particular relevance at this time when we are all working at a distance. From digital broadcasting to free Internet Radio, from AI-enabled programming to creating the links between different technologies to allow content from one type of medium to be seen and heard on different medium.
Download or view webinar files
View or download the presentation for the webinar on Part 3 of 4: Rethinking Presenting and Touring in the Age of COVID-19 AND BEYOND April 2, 2020,
- 0:00 Welcome, Acknowledgements
- 6:30 Today’s agenda
- 9:22 Recap: what are the problems we are facing today and medium term, the rush to digital, “free as a business model is difficult, how Internet technology is evolving
- 23:40 Krista Vincent, Tuckamore Chamber Music Festival
- 45:30 Dustin Harvey, Sectret Theatre
- 1:12:40 Rob Hopkins, OpenBroadcaster.com
- 1:43:50 What is a business model and what is your vision as we move forward
- 1:56:00 Next steps and outline of April 7 webinar on discoverability and structured data by Tammy Lee and Caitlin Troughton, Culture Creates